Friday, August 04, 2006

Hiking vs Chiong Sua

It takes nothing but plain fitness to chiong sua. But its a different story altogether when you see an outdoor adventurer, a seasoned hiker and an experienced leader. From the ignorant, weak, less than fit lass, I have hiked and camped with different people and slowly come to appreciate all of the above. What better skill to own than self-help? What more important than safety? Perhaps pride? Perhaps ego? It's not a matter of if, it's really a matter of when.

I can't help but feel a tad sad when someone hints he is fit enough when he has yet to attempt simpler expeditions. I was probably still "drinking milk" when he was already chionging in the jungles. I have learnt tolerance and endurance. I have learnt understanding and forgiveness. I have learnt, leave it to Mother Nature.

Though it is better to be fit than not, there is really much more to hiking than the bystander can see and understand.

Posted by LiTTle-FooT at 1:37 AM with 0 comments