Thursday, July 27, 2006

For the Retro Fanatics

Just a couple of days ago, I was sitting at a friends new place, reminiscing the good old days of how we frequent China Jump or Devil's Bar when another commented that we are just like the uncles at the coffeeshop drinking their Tiger. It was also an expensive habit in those days depite the existence of Ladies' Nights. Either you hail a cab or you get a free ride, from someone you just met. Gone are the good old days of going without sleep while preserving your sanity. I had long given up on the expensive habit. You can't replace the sleep you lose anymore. You can't work off the empty calories any more effectively. Which probably explains why I prefer breakfasts now, no matter how not a morning person I am.

I've also resigned to the fact that there isn't a single place with good retro. You only get it on radio at best. I found it on Radio 91.3 today before lunch. The music remained good through the day.

Posted by LiTTle-FooT at 1:15 AM with 2 comments