Tuesday, March 07, 2006
The Psychology of Exercise
Interesting writeup and quiz I came by today:
What makes exercisers like to exercise? And why is it so hard for the non-exercisers start?http://exercise.about.com/od/plateausmotivation/a/expsychology.htm
- Women who don't exercise regularly showed most concern about body image and weight
- Hatha yoga showed the most body satisfaction in women
- 10-min exercises can help to elevate your mood; 30-min workouts reduces anxiety while increasing happiness and energy level
- In a 60-min run, mood elevation reaches its peak at 40-min time frame.
- According to researchers, an 8-mile run feels the easiest. (compared to a 4-mile run
- You'll be able to continue exercising for the long term if you adopt shorter workout at high intensities.
- The person who walks 5-7 times a week at moderate intensity is more likely to stick with their exercise program.
- Doing an activity you hate produces a negative effect
Posted by LiTTle-FooT at 11:18 AM with 2