Sunday, February 05, 2006
A little about abs....
Pure Ab Facts after 4 days exercising...
Your abdominal muscles are more commonly referred to as abs. Usually, we only think of our big fat bulging tummies when we think of our abs. But it actually consists of 4 main muscles. Your rectus abdominis (the longest one that starts from under your ribs to your pelvic), internal obliques, external obliques and transverse abdominis (this is a belt that wraps around you like a belt keeping all your insides in place)
- It is part of your core muscles or "power house". You use it so often you have no idea you're using it.
- You use your abs when breathing.
- You need your abs to stand, to walk, to laugh etc..
- It is the only muscle to be of "reverse origin".
- There is no such thing as "upper" or "lower" abs. It's a term we invented.
- Transverse abdominis keep your internal organs in place.
- Weak TA gives you...a buldging tummy!
- It's not the quantity, its the quality!
- That'll all I can remember for now :)
Posted by LiTTle-FooT at 3:17 AM with 2