Saturday, October 15, 2005
I went for WDO on a Sunday, very hot afternoon. The tentage set up was normal. There were alot of people. I registered and number tags were given out. My number is very nice! (222)
I think it was very badly organised and I am very ashamed to call myself Singaporean.
- How did they know who registered turned up for the event? Why don't I just go there and get a tag number to participate? Then I won't have to pay for it and still get a change to win.
- People are just sometimes so inconsiderate. You either push or you have to be pushed. I remember politely asking this stupid participant to move forward since I saw that she had some space. To my disgusting surprise, she told me she had no space! And the person behind me was like only 1 feet away from me while she had at least 3!
- There were many people smoking by the sides and at the back of the tents and were still smoking after many efforts to tell them not to do so for the sake of the participants.
- There were many spectators who were taking the water meant for the participants. There was no one looking after them so, people just take. And the emcee had to keep making the announcement to tell people that the drinks were only meant for the participants.
- There was already not enough space and besides having to fight for space with the participants, we were also fighting for space with the spectators!
- There were too many Ms Fitness contestants. 20 in all. I think just 10 - 16 would have been a better number.
- There was no system at all. Everything was a mess, including the goodie bags which they started distributing halfway thru the event.
- The gifts were very much lesser than the previous time in 2003. And no sporting vouchers/gifts (there were no sponsors) despite this being a sports event. Just happy that I got a decent top and towel. The SHAPE magazine is overdue, Sept 2005 issue.
Some of the Ms Fitness contestants didn't respond too well. When asked what aerobic class would she teach if she were an instructor, they cited high impact aerobics! OMG! High impact aerobics is no longer taught since the days of Jane Fonda. It is deemed to cause too much injury to the participant le! No way!
I was very impressed (not to mention very proud) of the 51 year old contestant. When asked who was her fitness role model, she cited herself. Because at her age, looking this good and being this fit, she is proud to represent women her age! WOW! She deserves my respect.
As I was going off, I spotted someone with the maroon bag. On second looks, I think I like the very bright orange one better. The design of the maroon one didn't look very nice afterall. There was a side pocket which jutted out and I think it looks quite ugly.
Posted by LiTTle-FooT at 10:29 PM with 0