Saturday, July 23, 2005

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks

The queue for the snacks here are usually snaking long. I decided to queue for it as I was, the fifth person in line, to try for myself what the big deal this is about so much so that it warrants the long queues.

I ordered the XXL Crispy Chicken and the Crispy Floss Egg Crepe.

Verdict: XXL Crispy Chicken, $3
The meat was tender but it's really no big deal and I think my mum makes better ones anyway! What made it tempting was the XXL size and the msg seasoning, if you happen to crave for it. If you ask me, it tastes way better in Taiwan! That's for sure. And the seasoning, tastes like your Mamee bbq seasoning :P

Verdict: Crispy Floss Egg Crepe, $3
Anything with floss seems to taste good, including this one. I have not come across this snack when I was in Taiwan a year back though. There are 3 layers, plain flour layer on the outside, omelette layer in the centre, followed by a layer of floss. It was made into a roll and some sauce was poured over it. Be prepared to wait for this as each roll has to be individually made. I think its a tad overpriced.

Posted by LiTTle-FooT at 3:07 AM with 0 comments