Tuesday, January 11, 2005
About Guys & Gals & the Internet
The Internet is a big blob of mess with all sorts of people using it for all sorts of things and all sorts of agendas. I have no time to entertain or be entertained by them. Besides being in the name of fun and boredom, its also in the name of "making friends". Frankly, no one can really tell except they themselves.
I met someone recently.
There is only 1 phenomenon that happens there. Guys will message gals and gals will message guys. No exceptions unless you aren't straight or they happen to be your personal friends and/or aquaintance and/or colleauges. I'm a gal myself, so I will never know "what's wrong with the gals" unless a guy tells me. But I definitely don't know what's wrong with the guys. I'll attempt to tell you what's wrong with them.
- They think the reason why we gals put our profiles up is to know more guys.
- They think gals dress up, to attract guys.
- They think their opinions of how we look matter more than that of a gal.
- They think gals there are desperately looking to get attached
- They think gals all like shopping and makeup, be sweet and demure.
- If you haven't got a picture, they ask you for one.
- If you haven't stated your marital status, they ask for it.
- At some point or other, they definitely want to meet.
This is my stand as a gal.
- My friend invited me.
- I dress up, because I want to and I feel like it or I have to.
- My opinions matter the most. I like what I see in the mirror. Good enough.
- Being attached is as great as being single. A boyfriend is a heavy accessory I have to think twice about.
- If I like what I see in the mirror, who cares about what you think.
- If you're looking for Babe, go to the zoo.
- What happened to "make more friends"?
- Why should I meet you because you want to meet me? My time is more important than yours.
This group of guys, have apparently spoilt the name of guys for all the guys out there. At the end of the day, I still think such "online networking solutions" are still one word. CRAP.
Get A Life.
I have an attitude problem. So what?
Don't come near me, I bite.
I'm a feisty tyrant. Period.
Posted by LiTTle-FooT at 5:27 PM with 0