Thursday, November 04, 2004

Rhythm Of The Rain

Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain...
Telling me just what a fool I've been.
I wish that it would go and let me cry in vain.
And let me be alone again...

It's raining again..cats and dogs. Here I am, trapped in this building, away from the outside world. It's been raining almost everyday now. I hate rain. It's cold, heartless, cloudy and makes one moody. Yet, I love rain for the fact it brings back happy moments.

Just today, it brought me back to my school days again. Freedom it was, to enjoy a slow unhurried walk in the rain and no umbrellas. It was just one of the few crazy things that came with being a young thing. It's been a long long time ever since I've done something like that. But as chance would have it, I have been walking in the rain a lot over the past few weeks since the monsoon's around the corner. Whether it was a walk in the wilderness or tucked away in a laid back countryside...Hmm, ok, there were the mad dashes for the traffic lights as well.

It's been that many years but the same feeling of peace from within surfaces again and again. Soaked in the rain and being oblivious to the fact it was raining. It has this relaxing and calming effect that brings about a sense of serenity and seems to be able to allay your fears, stress and problems.

Rainy weather is not such a bad thing afterall...
Provided you don't end up sick in bed...


Posted by LiTTle-FooT at 4:53 PM with 1 comments